Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rainy Day Washing

Homemade Washing Powder Recipe
- 1 cup of Borax (found mine in Bunnings but should be in the drain
cleaning section of your local supermarket)
- 1 cup of Washing Soda or Soda Ash (found in local Woolworths
supermarket)
- 1 cup of Baking Soda
- 2 cups of finely grated, pure castille soap ( I bought Dr Bronners
organic castille soap. Am trying out both the Peppermint and
Eucalyptus bars. I got these from my local organic supermarket).


Had to remind Inda that we were not cooking and that this was not edible!

Today Inda and I attempted some homemade, eco-friendly, fresh smelling washing powder after being inspired by Naomi on her blog (http://omi-creates.blogspot.com). On a gloomy and rainy day where the indoors was sending us all a little stir crazy, it was a satisfying and enjoyable project. I am yet to test it out but will let you know how it goes!

3 comments: