Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reason for absence


I started writing this blog as a way to express myself through the written word. Stories, reflections, poems and prayers. This is what it was supposed to be but since starting this blog I have realised how influenced I am by so many in the blog world and what began as an enjoyable hobby has become a competitive, pressured burden and I am pretty much over it....

The problem is that when you become a mum, you enter this whole new world of blogging, namely the 'mummy blog' world and suddenly you find yourself 'needing' the latest cool baby stuff and feeling depressed that I feed my child some non-organic, freshly grown produce and I wear trackies when going to the supermarket ( I am totally that mum).

Now I am not saying that all the blogs I love out there are unhelpful. No way. I wish my gardening skills would take off (I am trying) and if I lost a little fat, I could maybe wear some fashoinable attire but the point is, I dont want my life to be consumed with this stuff.

And so, whilst I will continue to peruse all the wonderful blogs out there, mine may be taking a slower pace for a little while as I figure out what it is I want to blog about.

In the meantime, the relationship between my girls is blossoming {I am a mum after all :)}



{We have got the hang of it now... gentle}

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand where you are coming from. Its very competitive which isnt for me. I blog when i feel like it - sometimes ill go a month or so without writing a post - thats life, you get busy, priorities change. Enjoy your time with your girls - they are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete