Friday, June 18, 2010

Tree Climbing

I placed my foot in a cup- like groove and pulled upwards. The unmovable and masculine base of this gentle giant was soothing. Encouraging me on my journey heavenward, its rough edges and stern feel couldn't deceive me. My map had already been set out before me. Like so many in the past, my fear of falling was reassured by the sudden jut in its skin, allowing me to maintain my grip. Up and up and up I went, higher and higher until I had reached the top of my new found friend. Holding me close on its shoulders I could feel the cool breeze wash across my hot face. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. Removed from the chaos of the world below I felt powerful and majestic. Just one stretch and I could have sworn I had touched the big blue sky itself. I nestled myself back into its strong branches and smiled. I had found my secret hiding place and it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment