Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beauty

Today the girls and I took a drive to one of my most favourite places in the world (not that I have the whole world to compare to), Umina Beach. Now I know I know, the Peninsula has quite the bad reputation. In fact it's known as "Mount Druitt by the Sea" by our Sydney neighbours. However, as one that grew up there it is not that at all.
We met a dear friend and her little boy, who is one of Inda's besties, and took a stroll along the beach. It made my heart swell to watch these two prancing about the beach in their undies (on a winter's day mind you), running all the way up to their ankles in water, screaming and then bolting back to the beach. Laughing and running the whole way, I was struck by the insane beauty of creation. What an amazing God we have. If our broken world can look so breath takingly beautiful it makes me smile to think about the new creation to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment