Friday, July 15, 2011

Getting my Garden on!

For a few years now, I have been on again, off again with the idea of vegie patches, compost, worm farms, chickens and the like. At one point we had some serious tomato and zucchini plants going but alas my motivation waned as did the garden. It now remains a dug up patch of dirt in the back of the yard.

However, my motivation has since returned after talking to my sister in law and I am keen as mustard to turn my backyard into a natural and edible playland. As for the chickens... they may have to wait as our big Cooper Bear will likely mistake them for food instead of egg producing gold.

Check out these awesome gardens. I want one:

Garden

Natural backyard playground 2

Raised garden bed inspiration ceres 3-1


Hopefully we will see more of this in the future...



What green thumb tips do you use to get that garden going? 


1 comment:

  1. yes i just posted about my parent's amazing summer garden (we are staying with them at the moment) and i am so jealous of it! so great to have our own fresh veggies every night. xo m.

    ReplyDelete